Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Warm veggie salad

Needed a quick meal and was craving veggies so this is what I came up with. I know my mother has made a broccoli and cauliflower salad but I really don't recall what's in it. Anyway here's mine...

Dish: Warm veggie salad
Special need categories: Gluten free, low fructose
Special needs translated: Gluten free, no onion

Ingredients:
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • green beans
  • Gluten free pasta (I used shells)
  • pesto (Note: Check ingredients)
  • wholegrain mustard (Note: Check ingredients)
  • rice wine vinegar
  • olive oil
  • salt & pepper

Method:

Start by putting the pasta on to cook. Then cut veggies into bite sized pieces and start them steaming. Now for the dressing. Add remaining ingredients into a small bowl and mix well, add some water if you want the dressing to be a little weaker.

When cooked tip veggies and drained pasta into a serving bowl and add dressing. Done.

The pasta helps turn this into a meal but I've also made it without before.

No comments:

Post a Comment