Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Massel 7’s no longer fructose friendly

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update (25/3/2014): Chicken stock onion and garlic free
I'm pretty sure this happened over a year ago but I thought I should still report it here.  The chicken stock is specifically lists 'Contains not onion or garlic'.  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update (14/7/2011): Massel to redevelop a 7's Fructose Friendly Formula
I just got an email from Mark at Massel to say:
"We have had many emails from people such as yourself and have now 'heard the call'. To this end I am happy to report that our R&D department is now working on an onion free version to cater for the Fructose Malabsorbtion community."
This is great news! Thanks to everyone that contacted Massel to request the change, and thanks to Massel for their quick action!
In the meantime continue checking your packets as I suspect it will take some time for the new formula to hit the shelves and I'll keep you informed with updates as soon as I know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently heard that Massel now puts onion in their "7's" stock.  Beware!  The onion (and garlic) is clearly listed in the ingredients but the rest of the packaging is the same so be sure to check.
As far as I know this was the only fructose friendly stock you could buy, not only that but it was also gluten free, vegan, cheap and tasted good.  For me it was the perfect stock to use when cooking for a variety of different dietary needs.  I have no idea why they changed it but there are a lot of people that would like it changed back.  If you are one of them then please contact Massel and let them know you liked it the way it was, without the onion.
Also if you know where to find some of the old formula for sale somewhere then let us know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that googling 'massel and fructose and onion' gives me your blog but not mine (even with same content).. hmph!!!

    ReplyDelete