Friday, October 9, 2009

New gluten free food source!

When I mentioned my failed attempt at Gluten Free (GF) pastry to a friend she pointed me toward Melbourne Food Service. They are basically a catering food supply company that have opened a store on the corner of Toorak Rd and Warrigal Rd in Camberwell and they sell a whole bunch of gluten free stuff. I picked up some frozen GF puff pastry and pizza bases to try out but I have a feeling I'll be calling in there again soon! Unfortunately they don't have any of the GF stuff listed on their web site but I'll try and get some more info next time I visit and update you on the pastry and pizza bases.

2 comments:

  1. Some Coles stores now stock gf pastry in the frozen food section...

    Sacs (formerly silly yaks), High St, Northcote is always a winner!

    btw this is your sister Fi in my alter ego name

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.coeliac.com.au/

    Is a good place for info on fructose and gluten free food. It's Sue Shepherd's website. If you go to the recipe book pages, there's some sample recipes you can download...

    I'll be cooking fructose free mexican food on fri night yum yum yum

    ReplyDelete